Inspire 2 worked in partnership with organisations mainly in the Leith area of Edinburgh who support those affected by homelessness, poverty and mental health problems, and featured the following activities:
- Regular music groups within partner projects
- Individual and small group lessons in particular skills such as playing the guitar or singing.
- A songwriting project, using the words and experiences of participants and songs written by participants themselves to form new songs, overseen by our dedicated producer Matheu Watson, recorded by top artists and released online
- Support to access local music opportunities
- A free gigs by professional bands in partner-project venues
- A local SMG mainstream Scots music taster class with free places for Inspire 2 participants
SMG worked in partnership with The Bethany Christian Trust, The Alma Project, The Cyrenians, The Rock Trust and Edinburgh YMCA. Participants will range from young adults to pensioners. The project ran from July 2012 to July 2013.